Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon University’s Marketing department is seeking a full time Sr Copywriter. This role is responsible for developing creative solutions for the promotion of the university brand, programs and events through various marketing avenues. Collaborating with the marketing team, this role identifies, researches, writes and edits copy for a variety of internal GCU printed and electronic communications vehicles.
The Sr Copywriter will work on the day-to-day creative work for the core business functions, as well as work on more comprehensive projects in collaboration with the creative team.
In order to be considered all candidates must attach writing samples to their application.
- Assists Creative Director on design direction, team effectiveness and other department relationships.
- Pitches ideas and concept platforms to the creative director and works with creative director to develop presentation decks.
- Follows creative brief and strategic direction by working with art director (s) and designer (s) to develop high quality concepts and platforms through execution and delivery.
- Assists creative director with maintaining day-to-day focus on the creative strategy and execution for projects ensuring all creative is on brand, voice and tone
- Responsible to create technical concepts in a variety of styles and tones dependent on marketing project objectives and media considerations
- Responsible to manage multiple technical projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Contributes to and maintains style guides and guidelines for brand consistency, both visual and text as well as ensures message is consistent and meets all regulatory guidelines.
- Collaborates with the marketing teams to support information exchange about new concepts, or direction and to assist in reduction of efforts that may be duplicative in nature.
- Bachelor degree required with a major in journalism, communications, marketing or an English emphasis.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- 6-8 + years direct writing and editing experience in a creative service, marketing or advertising environment preferred
- Proven experience (portfolio) of writing for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to write in a clear, concise, engaging and readable manner
- Ability to distill information to key message points.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP style.
- Ability to think conceptually and creatively to maximize utilization of communication platforms.
- Able to verbally articulate concepts through words and treatments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work with people of various viewpoints, cultural backgrounds and skill levels.
- Highly effective communications skills with a good command of the English language.
- Strong proofing/copy editing skills
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Knowledge of printing processes and web content development
- Excellent planning and organizing skills with the ability to schedule and manage concurrent multiple projects or events.
- Ability to work independently
- Computer proficiency utilizing routine office software such as MS Office Suite, email, internet, blog software, etc., and a familiarity with social media platforms.
- Skilled in utilization of appropriate Adobe Creative Suite tools.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends or holidays when necessary.
- Must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- In order to be considered all candidates must attach writing samples to their application.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com