Senior Brand Manager
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Sr Brand Manager for the Creative Marketing team. This position has the responsibility of managing brand creative media campaigns while ensuring the execution surpasses the expectations of GCE’s executive management and GCE’s partner clients. Assists ECD in overall management of client brand initiatives. Additionally, this position assists in managing day-to-day media and production partners in the execution of GCE’s clients advertising and branding initiatives. Coordinates and manages logistics of advertising and media productions.
- Creates project plans for campaign launches and executes to deliver on time and within budget. Includes project planning and ongoing management, execution and implementation of approved plan.
- Develops and executes marketing media campaigns that increase brand awareness and drive topline revenue, emphasis of role is on execution and development of plan is based upon collaborative efforts with client and marketing management.
- Collaborates with department leadership, marketing managers and/or client leadership to establish specific needs and objectives. Assists in formulating ideas to create effective advertising plans.
- Manages contracted project market research to ensure that campaigns’ creative and tactics are connecting with the appropriate target audience(s); ensures that contracted research team focuses efforts on relevant competition to identify trends and new and innovative ways to elevate client’s brands.
- Manages budgets for designated media partners. Ensures maximum efficiency of budgeted funds.
- Contributes to the future marketing vision based on market trends and competitive insights by providing recommendations to the executive management marketing team.
- Seeks out new strategic partnerships and manages relationships effectively to yield mutual benefit; Negotiates contracts with outside partners and/or vendors.
- Monitors, measures, and analyzes campaign performance metrics. Recommends process changes, tracking methods for better efficiency and prepares daily and weekly reports on performance metrics and projections to executive/management team(s).
- Manages any vendor contracts for freelance video, photographer or specialists such as hair and make-up, wardrobe, props, equipment rental, talent agency, etc.
- Guides the roll out of new brand positioning guidelines with refreshed marketing and sales assets and consumer-facing assets
- Subscribes to and supports the GCE’s guiding principles.
- All other duties as assigned by the ECD.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing and/or communication equivalent is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8 + years’ experience in areas of brand management, marketing, advertising in-house or an ad agency experience
- Proven experience in executing marketing multiplatform campaigns (traditional and digital) for a variety of audiences.
- Supervisory experience required
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Strong team player and ability to work cross-functionally across departments
- Ability to handle the complexities of working with multiple brands
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Expert project management skills
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Creative with the ability to think outside of the box
- Knowledge of advertising planning, development and creative concepts, copy, art, video, photography and production processes.
- Knowledge of advertising channels including radio, television, out of home, and traditional and digital video marketing.
- Knowledge of media placements processes among multiple media channels.
- Knowledge and experience with media strategy, buying, placement and media research
- Ability to communicate effectively with outside partners, vendors and other contacts, clients and all levels of employees.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in marketing campaign execution and complex planning to coordinate services and/or resources.
- Must be able to interact comfortably with high-level staff, executives and media personnel and must be able to act appropriately and make decisions in the absence of the ECD.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), MS Project or similar project management software, social media platforms.
- Familiarity with social media platforms for advertising and branding purposes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP writing style.
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of marketing analytics, ROI metrics and earned value assessment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; cope with changing priorities and complete projects with competing deadlines.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings, weekends or holidays required.
- Must be able to travel as needed which may require nights and weekends (Less than 25% travel).
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com