Security Operations Center Analyst - IT Security
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a new Security Operations Center Analyst (SOC) for our IT Security team. This position serves as the tip of the spear for Security Operations, by triaging alerts and identifying potential attacks to escalate to Incident Response (IR). They will also serve as the interim IR first line of defense until an IR expert or Engineer is on the line and able to assist, up to and including the authority to contain and isolate a potential attack. Finally, an effective SOC Analyst is deeply knowledgeable about security intelligence and is able to respond to a wide range of security alert sources using tools such as SIEM, SOAR and NDR - able to create searches, correlations and detections.
Please Note, this is an Arizona Hybrid position that will require you be in the office at least 1 time per week.
- Respond to alerts, triage potential incidents and escalate or resolve as appropriate.
- Understand the basics of key security controls including WAF, NGFW, NGAV, EDR, CASB, IAM, UEBA, DLP, NDR, UEM and SIEM and how to respond to incidents from these technology platforms.
- Communicate alerts regarding intrusion and compromise attempts against the network infrastructure, applications, and operating systems along the escalation path to IR and Engineering or to Management as appropriate.
- Coordinate with end-users and business contacts to help triage and resolve issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience strongly encouraged.
- Requires 1-3 years of relevant IT operations and/or IT security experience (internship experience will be considered).
- Professional certifications are not required; however, preference may be given to candidates with one or more relevant certifications such as Splunk, Crowdstrike, Security+, CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, GSEC, CEH, CNA/CCNP, CCSP, MCSE. Specific vendor/product certifications are a huge plus.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
#tech #gcu #gce #ITSecurity #ITOperations #SOC #SecurityOperations #remote #workfromhome