Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
What you will do:
- Receives travel-related receipts and inputs data ensuring proper coding for accounting purposes. Ensures receipts are received on a timely basis and follows up with travelers as necessary or elevates to direct supervisor.
- Contacts hotels and ensures credit card authorizations are finalized; resolves problems with hotel.
- Reviews all travel credit card transactions for coding accuracy and delegates corrections when needed.
- Monitor team’s performance on daily basis, through all monitoring tools.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Responds to audit requests and gathers documentation for travel credit cards.
- Submit credit card reclass corrections when needed.
- Foster and maintain good working relationships with internal and external vendors.
- Looks for efficiencies in the reconciliation credit card process and works with management to implement improvements.
- Willingness to work ad hoc projects.
- Provide oversight for student workers which includes but is not limited to:
- Assisting with questions/problems
- Oversee and suggest updates to the tasks/processes as needed based on objectives to continually improve efficiency
- Identify savings opportunities and service enhancements and helps initiate process improvements
- Develop and help implement tools, reports, processes, and/or technology to streamline tasks
- Assist with problem resolution for escalated issues to ensure satisfactory resolution for all parties
- 12. Other duties as assigned
- MS Office Suite
- Online Credit Card Reconciliation System
- Knowledge of travel
What you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university preferred.
- Three years’ related work experience, preferably in a corporate travel or accounting environment.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
Why work at GCE:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program