Qualifying Specialist - Online Division -
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you value education and enjoy developing relationships? Are you driven by the challenge of meeting expectations and goals?
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking talented, energetic Qualifying Specialist for our Online Division enrollment team based at our Phoenix location. As a Qualifying Specialist you are the first point of contact for prospective student inquiries regarding their interest in achieving a college education.
- Respond to prospective new student inquires via outbound phone calls.
- Discuss prospective student’s background, goals and objectives to determine fit with GCE’s academic programs.
- Forward qualified student inquiries to enrollment counselor depending on area of interest.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills during all transactions.
- Serve as an active member of a graduation team focused on student success and retention.
- Minimum of 6 months related experience (Call Center, In/Out Bound, Customer Service) preferred
- Some college and/or prior experience servicing students in the education industry preferred
- A passion for assisting others in realizing their goals through higher education
- High level of integrity and commitment to compliance with regulatory rules.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel) with the ability to toggle between multiple software programs.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Starting Salary: $35,000 a year
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000020171