Qualifying Specialist - Junior Qualifying Specialist (NFWS)
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Junior Qualifying Specialist to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Qualifying Center department.
Purpose Within the Organization:
The role of the Qualifying Specialist includes, but is not limited to, responding immediately to incoming prospective student inquiries by engaging with them to assess their interest in achieving a college education. After initial assessment, the prospective student will be forwarded to the appropriate counselor depending on area of interest. This includes creating conversations with prospective students, to gain interest in GCU.
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
- Respond immediately to incoming prospective student within various queues by placing outbound calls
- Engage prospective student in conversation about desire to achieve college education
- Identify qualifying information to determine whether or not to pass prospective student forward
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills during all transactions
- Utilize effective customer service qualifying questions to create an environment of mutual respect
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer service and/or call center experience (preferred)
- Strong multitasking, typing skills required. Knowledge of email and browser navigation preferred
- Ability to type 20 wpm while interacting with callers and system-based tools
- Possess a level of communication skills to accurately collect, relay and track information is necessary
- The ideal candidate will have a positive, friendly and outgoing personality
- Must be dependable, punctual, and customer service oriented
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
* Sitting: 1-8 hours a day
* Standing: 0 hours a day
* Walking: 0 hours a day
* Lifting: Never
* Carrying: Never
* Pushing: Never
* Bending: Never
* Squatting: Never
* Kneeling: Never
* Climbing: Never
* Reaching: Never
* Grasping: Never
* Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Never
* Driving: Never
* Work Environment: Office building on site. Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2024
Currently working at GCE? Please be sure to apply internally through your Employee Workday account!