Publishing - Administrative Assistant (NFWS)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the mission of Grand Canyon Education through GCE's Publishing department.
Purpose within the Organization:
The purpose of this position is to assist the Publishing department with a variety of administrative tasks including date entry, creating task processes, and assisting staff with day to day duties. This position is available beginning Summer 2022 and will continue into the Fall semester.
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
- Inputs textbook information in database.
- Looks up textbook information in publisher websites.
- Verifies accuracy of textbook information, prices, and notes.
- Creates Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) on task processes.
- Takes initiative to improve process and tasks.
- Prioritizes projects based on deadlines.
- Ensures digital content are properly protected with DRM and performs quality check.
- Properly communicates with publisher to request required content.
- Provides assistance when new staff member needs training support and training materials.
- Performs all assigned day-to-day duties.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- Wi-Fi, router, modem - SW responsibility
- Will need a laptop, 2 monitors, charging station, keyboard, mouse, access to applications
- Must be able to work through the Summer months in addition to regular semester hours.
- Professional and has strong work ethic.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel.
- Detail oriented.
- Accurate data entry.
- Able to sit and work on detailed records for long periods at a time.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Must be flexible with work hours as long as it does not conflict with school schedule.
- *This position would require working from home during summer break*
Grand Canyon Education/University is committed to a student first policy.
Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements. ?
* Sitting: 4-6 hours a day
* Standing: 1-2 hours a day
* Walking: 0 hours a day
* Lifting: Never
* Carrying: Never
* Pushing: Never
* Bending: Never
* Squatting: Never
* Kneeling: Never
* Climbing: Never
* Reaching: Never
* Grasping: Never
* Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Rarely
* Driving: Never, Rarely
* Work Environment: Office building on site. Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2024