Project Analyst - Curriculum Design and Development
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education’s Curriculum Design and Development department is seeking a full time Project Analyst. This position is responsible for the successful planning and delivery of client solutions. This role is the primary liaison with clients from the planning, design, testing and production stages of the project lifecycle. The project analyst recommends the project team, technical and non-technical resources, and timelines to maximize departmental resources.
- Demonstrate excellent planning, organizational, and process skills
- Prepare and deliver high quality project requirements documentation
- Demonstrate strong ability to listen and ask succinct, clarifying questions that demonstrate solid understanding of client needs and requirements
- Brainstorm, identify issues, and formulate cogent recommendations to clients
- Evaluate and synthesize information gathered from multiple sources
- Demonstrate ability to document project plan through the use of flow charts, graphic models, user stories, user acceptance test scripts, change control process, etc.
- Identify and organize user requests as part of project documentation, including mapping requests into future phases or future opportunities based on the scope, resources, and timeframe available for the project
- Determine anticipated and actual business impact through the use of interviews, data collection, questionnaires, and other project management tools
- Solicit approval from management with confidence the project can be delivered on time and within scope based on available resources
- Collaborate with stakeholders, subject matter experts, and managers to ensure the end product has met customer needs
- Participate in client information gathering sessions and document requirements for project team
- Lead client meetings during the project life cycle to capture information about project goal, scope, timeline, and deliverables
- Demonstrate ability to communicate to stakeholders about technical requirements in an understandable manner
- Demonstrate solid understanding of project lifecycle
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people with different organizational roles to identify operational and application requirements
- Demonstrate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Visio, OneNote, and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, systems design or any other related information technology field. An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted upon approval.
- Minimum of one year professional experience defining business requirements.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000017006