Program Recruiter- Traditional Ground Campus
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Program Recruiter for the Traditional Ground Campus. This position, under minimal supervision, is responsible for coordinating the University’s recruitment efforts, serving as a liaison between prospects, students, Admissions personnel and GCU’s student life department.
Selected candidate will coordinate, direct, implement and assess all aspects of the GCU’s student life department recruitment and outreach activities to maximize enrollment growth of high caliber undergraduate students.
- Develops a cooperative recruitment strategy and process for improving enrollment in a specific program/department or family of programs/department
- Works collaboratively with Marketing and Deans (or Dean Designates) to ensure all opportunities for recruitment are being leveraged and communicated.
- Establishes, organizes and monitors all program/department-related recruitment efforts, including the communication and intervals of contact with prospects and students.
- Responsible for ensuring program’s recruitment targets are met through collaboration with College and Admissions personnel.
- Establishes processes to standardize communication and general understanding of program requirements, content and application/scholarship procedures for Admissions personnel.
- Serves as liaison between college management and prospects, answering questions and concerns about curriculum, programming, requirements, etc.
- Participates in campus events to showcase program to prospects and generates presentation tools/materials Admissions can use in the field to support promoting the program.
- Responsible for ensuring campus visits present GCU in positive and enticing manner; ensures all facilities visited are GCU friendly and showcase ready for prospective students and families and all personnel utilized to showcase GCU are trained to handle presentations/conversations in professional and engaging manner.
- Ensures communication regarding the program(s) is timely, professional and establishes a sense of pride in the University and its innovative approach to curriculum and program design from a student experience perspective.
- Collects, monitors and maintains prospective student data related to Admissions-oriented milestones and evaluates efficiency and effectiveness of recruitment events and procedures; recommends and implements changes after collaboration with Admissions management and College management.
- Makes recommendations for improvements to program relative to curriculum based upon research and feedback from current and prospective students.
- Uses social media platforms and/or other electronic communications technology to communicate and reach students to promote services and programs; collaborates with marketing to ensure all communication meets GCU messaging and branding content.
- Provides and trains resources to support student visitors for Discover GCU, Campus Tours, Orientation and other important new student events for conversion purposes.
- Researches and reports on current innovations and trends in college comparable programs, and recommends improvements either in recruitment, participation or development of additional resources.
- Ensures all recruitment strategies, policy and program guidelines align with GCU academic philosophy and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in specific college program discipline required.
- Experience working in the Hospitality Management industry
- An equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be substituted upon hiring supervisor’s approval.
- Ability to work both independently and in collaborative team situations; develops productive work relationships with diverse constituencies.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement of quality, processes, self and others.
- Ability to work with social media to reach prospective students.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to ensure the effective and efficient overall operation of the programs to maximize University resources.
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions to resolve complex situations.
- Cannot be delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Must have own vehicle, valid driver's license, clean driving record.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com