Program Recruiter - Club Sports - Traditional Ground Campus
Program Recruiter - Club Sports - Traditional Ground Campus
Join us at Grand Canyon Education and begin your career helping highlight the colleges, programs, and clubs Grand Canyon University’s Traditional Ground Campus has to offer! We are looking for a motivated Program Recruiter to help coordinate recruitment efforts and be a liaison between prospective students, admissions staff, and the club sports program in this unique campus-based opportunity.
Who you are:
You find fulfillment in being a subject matter expert and are passionate about the power of education. You’ve demonstrated success as collaborator who loves to present information, is adaptable to change, and does everything intentionally.
You can coordinate, direct, implement and assess strategies and activities geared at achieving (and often crushing!) campus growth goals. You are passionate about making a positive impact on the world by building awareness and value with prospective students and families about the quality education and community at Grand Canyon University’s campus in Phoenix, AZ.
Now is the time to bring your talents to Grand Canyon Education, where you’ll have the opportunity to develop recruitment and outreach strategies and processes and play an integral role in improving enrollment for your assigned college, program, or club at Grand Canyon University. Here’s a taste of how you’ll make your mark as Program Recruiter with us.
As a Program Recruiter, a typical week might include the following:
- Strategy and execution. You’ll work collaboratively with your assigned college, program or club faculty/staff to become a subject matter expert who can build awareness of our academic programs and campus community and drive enrollment growth. Through a variety of mediums, you will connect with prospective students, families and admissions staff to provide valuable information about the college, program, or club offerings. Whether during an in-person presentation, over the phone, via email, text or Zoom, you will champion the GCE mission, promoting Grand Canyon University’s campus, student success and institutional growth.
- Hustles. You’ll be busy using your unique ability to make connections in person, over the phone, and through email with prospective students, families, and faculty/staff at the high schools and community colleges we partner with. Not only will you host and participate in campus events and presentations, you’ll get to tap into your creative side to develop presentation tools and materials for admissions staff to use out in the field to promote the college, program, or club.
- Bleeds purple. You’ll take pride in being subject matter expert for your college, program or club, and will not only promote Grand Canyon University’s transformation in this area, but you will get to be a part of it.
- Is purposeful. This is a campus-based role with ambitious targets! Working as a liaison, you’ll be using your out-of-the-box critical thinking skills to partner with admissions staff as they guide prospective Grand Canyon University campus students and families as through the admissions process and on the right path towards a successful campus experience.
The role might be right for you if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree. This role is a great fit for a recent college graduate, where you can start in this role and grow your career with us!
- Outstanding time management and organization skills. In this role, you’ll be wearing many hats, so you’ll need to show that not only have you honed your time management skills, you also know how to organize and prioritize competing priorities.
- Clear communication and engaging presentation skills. You can explain just about anything to anyone and you’re comfortable communicating on the phone, in writing and in person. You are confident and can engage any audience no matter if you are presenting over the phone, through Zoom or in person. You’ll also need to have well developed listening skills.
- Self-motivation and drive to succeed. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked and love to go above and beyond what’s expected. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with Grand Canyon University students and truly make a difference.
- High emotional intelligence. In this role, you’ll be building relationships with a diverse range of Grand Canyon University students and families, each with unique circumstances. You’ll also have relationships with faculty and staff at Grand Canyon University and the high schools and community colleges to develop and nurture. Ability to demonstrate subject matter expertise and value in our offerings is key to success in this role.
- A valid driver's license, reliable transportation, a flexible schedule and is willing to travel about 10-20% of the time. Since this role requires occasional travel in the Phoenix metro area and sometimes to other parts in Arizona, you’ll need a clean driving record and be willing to travel by car. You will be required to have evening and/or weekend availability as needed.
- Computer literacy. We rely on a number of digital tools to help you execute your work and keep you accountable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Bonus points if you have:
- Attended Grand Canyon University on campus and as an Alumni, can share your experience with prospective students. Double bonus points if you have a connection with the assigned college, program or club.
- Relevant industry related professional experience.
- Experience working with CRM tools.
What we’ll offer in return:
- A career where your work makes a difference.
- A stable income with a good salary.
- Ongoing professional development and growth.
- Outstanding benefits and work perks.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment. ...and more!
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.