Program Manager - K-12 General Education Development
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking Program Manager responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the K12 general education professional development program.
The Canyon Professional Development Program Manager is responsible for facilitating custom professional development, assisting with educational conferences, interfacing with College of Education and Single Course Non-Degree Programs, maintaining a database of professional development curriculum, and serving as the liaison for the Canyon LEAP alternative pathway to teaching.
A major focus area will be to improve alignment between Canyon Professional Development offerings and GCU college courses and materials to create structured professional development pathways.
- Facilitate, plan and deliver custom professional development requests and events in the areas of:
- Trauma-informed educational supports inclusive of restorative practices and positive behavioral supports and interventions
- Classroom instructional techniques such as differentiated instruction, multi-tiered systems of supports, intervention, enrichment, cooperative learning strategies
- Dependent on content knowledge and/or grade level experience of person hired, may be asked to take on PD in content areas such as ELA, math, science, social studies or EL
- Other areas as need arises
- Assist with the annual Trauma Informed Educational Supports conference
- Serve on planning committee
- Assist with breakout session presenters
- Outreach to sponsors
- Assist day of conference
- Interface with a variety of related stakeholders to build alignment between professional development and course offerings
- Create and maintain database of all professional development curriculum
- Serve as the K12 ED Liaison for the alternative certification pathways pilot
- Build and deliver associated professional development
- Assist College of Education with classroom observation and feedback
- Collect and provide feedback on participant evidence prior to issuance of institutional recommendation
- Bachelor's Degree
- Current Fingerprint clearance card
- Minimum five years’ work experience in K-12 teaching and/or school administration.
- Applied knowledge of classroom teaching and its related issues.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record; must have reliable transportation to travel to scheduled professional development events
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check
- Experience with adult learning/professional development preferred.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com