Procurement - Event Travel Coordinator (NFWS)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking an Event Travel Coordinator to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Travel Team within the Procurement department.
Purpose within the Organization:
The purpose of this position is to assist the Travel Team with administrative duties related to travel purchases.
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
· Booking flights and hotels for guest campus tours and events
· Calling Vendors for payment authorization and receipts
· Reconciliation of monthly charges
· Filing and sorting papers
· Daily use of job-related tools (SharePoint, Email, DEEM, etc.)
· Updating Excel Spreadsheets
· Other duties as assigned
· Must be available to work up to 20 hours per week during school semesters and up to 40 hours a week during breaks
· Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, as well as internal and external customers
· Attention to detail/accuracy
· Strong organizational skills
· Knowledge of office work
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
· Windows Operating Systems
· Microsoft Programs, including Outlook, Excel, and SharePoint
· DEEM Online Booking Tool
· Additional Travel Booking Systems as needed
· Wells Fargo, when applicable
· Sitting: up to 8 hours a day
· Standing: 0 hours a day
· Walking: 0 hours a day
· Lifting: Rarely
· Carrying: Rarely
· Pushing: Never
· Bending: Rarely
· Squatting: Rarely
· Kneeling: Rarely
· Climbing: Never
· Reaching: Rarely
· Grasping: Never
· Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Occasionally
· Driving: Never
· Work Environment: Remote from Dorm or Apartment, with required in person meetings scheduled on average once per quarter (attendance dependent on school schedule).
· Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
· Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a bachelor’s program or master’s program.
· Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
· Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: August 31st, 2023
Number of Openings: 12
Manager: Travel Manager or Team Lead
Already employed by GCE? Please be sure to apply internally through your Employee Workday account!