Procurement - Assistant (NFWS)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Procurement department.
*This position offers remote/work from home opportunities.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Procurement department with administrative duties related to GCE, GCU, and Orbis purchases.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities/Essential Functions:
- Manage the department’s Outlook inboxes.
- Agreement digital record filing.
- Utilize Word templates to draft agreement amendments.
- Purchase requisition review and approval.
- Communicate with suppliers as needed.
- Communicate with internal employees.
- Assist with monthly PCard reconciliation.
- Support Procurement & Contract Specialists as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- MS Office
- Colangelo College of Business (CCOB) major highly preferred.
- Must be available to work during the Fall and Summer breaks.
- Current Sophomore or Junior preferred.
- Accuracy & attention to detail.
- Knowledge of administrative office work.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Willingness to provide excellent customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-driven and skilled at time management.
- Strongly prefer candidates who desire to work full-time as a Procurement & Contract Specialist for GCE's Procurement department after graduation.
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
* Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
* Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
* Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
* Sitting: 4-8 hours a day, depending on work schedule
* Standing: 0 hours a day
* Walking: 0 hours a day
* Lifting: Never
* Carrying: Never
* Pushing: Never
* Bending: Never
* Squatting: Never
* Kneeling: Never
* Climbing: Never
* Reaching: Never
* Grasping: Never
* Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Never
* Driving: Never
* Work Environment: Office building on site or work from home. Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2023