Principal HRIS Administrator
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking a Principal HRIS Administrator. This role serves in the capacity of a functional administrator for the HR systems including legacy systems and has responsibility for analyzing, maintaining and troubleshooting, integrations and resolving complex issues for a series of applications that support the HR function. Also recommends and implements business processes, reporting, dashboards, integrations, feeds, configuration that enable HR systems to drive business alignment and maximize organizational and HR performance.
- Partners with HR staff and process owners to develop strategies, objectives and roadmaps for HRIS applications.
- Partners with HR and cross-functional stakeholders to define business requirements and translate business needs into automated HRIS processes inclusive of multi-year and tactical system implementation plans which comprise project prioritization, scheduling and resource planning and monitoring.
- Stewards user experience for the HR applications supported, monitoring systems and user feedback, ensuring the development of processes, tools, support materials and training to maximize systems or system adoption.
- Configures HRIS applications based on functional requirements for cloud-based solutions, partnering as appropriately with IT staff.
- Develops and customizes reports accessible for use by staff in accordance with current business need and practices.
- Implements, tests and validates configurations and changes in accordance with business requirements and the University’s technical guidelines and coordinates user acceptance testing with business users.
- Creates and executes integration and regression test scripts and coordinates user acceptance testing with business users.
- Provides production support for the HRIS and its integration points with other software and modules and ensures business processes are maintained in a non-disruptive manner.
- Provides support to end-users of HRIS applications, answering questions, resolving issues and following through on any reported or unresolved issues ensuring timely and reliable response.
- Responds to internal or external audit requests as needed.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion to determine courses of action that could affect business automation operation’s, and which do not require management approval.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, such as Human Resources, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years demonstrated experience supporting and implementing complex HRIS.
- 6+ years’ experience in reporting tools and techniques for HR, payroll and related data for large complex organizations. (Prefer Workday Report Writer).
- Knowledge of Workday in one or more modules, including cross-functional data relationships, process flows, security protocols, testing and troubleshooting procedures.
- Knowledge of HR processes and impact on HR systems.
- Knowledge of the technology implementation lifecycle.
- Experience with ERP software development and configuration.
- Familiarity with browser-based tools, RaaS (reports as a service), SaaS (software as a service), in-system integration adapters, and FTP/SFTP.
- Knowledge of XML, SOA, Web Services, REST (Representational State Transfer), XSLT, XSL, Java and SQL.
- Must be able to build in/out bound integrations.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000020336