Pre- Requisite Nursing Tutor - Grand Canyon University
What will you create today? At Grand Canyon University our team creates tomorrow’s educators, nurses, business leaders, musicians, and much more through their dedication to our students. The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions provides indirect and direct support in the development and provision of clinical instruction and student evaluation incorporating current teaching methodologies, technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the discipline associated with the individual’s teaching assignment.
Grand Canyon University has an opening for a Full-Time Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Pre-Requisite Tutor, and we invite applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge with our Nursing students.
The Nursing Tutor will provide content area tutoring services to Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Pre-Requisite students.
- Provide academic support to students by providing course content clarity on difficult concepts, answering course content questions, and reviewing best practices in study skills.
- Assist students with learning in a variety of content areas to include general organic and biochemistry, human anatomy and physiology, statistics, and other undergraduate pre-requisite nursing courses as needed.
- Provide consistent guidance to students that align with course content and outcomes.
- Provide feedback to faculty for student success.
- Meet with students online, on a regular basis to monitor utilization of remediation strategies.
- Maintain documentation of student remediation plans, processes and success.
- Organize time effectively so all prioritized work is completed in a timely manner and desired tasks are achieved to ensure service quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Bachelor's degree required - preferred in Nursing or Bio-Sciences.
- Previous coursework in Chemistry, Statistics, and Bio-Science with exemplary grades.
- Ability to use different teaching methods and to transmit information in a manner which is accessible and comprehensible to students.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to effectively mentor, tutor, and guide students.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment (organized and adaptable).
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite; other systems knowledge desired.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.