Grand Canyon Education’s Payroll Services department is seeking a full time Payroll Specialist. The Payroll Specialist is responsible for executing the daily responsibilities of tasks associated with weekly payroll processing which includes processing of timesheets, final pay checks, off cycle pay checks, garnishments, and other payroll related data. The Payroll Specialist will also handle additional payroll related activities that may be needed for quarterly and end of year reporting.
- Performs activities necessary to process weekly payrolls and daily payroll activities
- Collect and review timesheet and other payroll data to ensure accuracy; contacts the manager or appropriate employee if additional approval or information is needed
- Perform manual calculations on wages due to late timesheet hours, changes in rates due to mid cycle pay period and other payroll related items; ensures accuracy of manual calculations
- Respond to inquiries in a timely and accurate manner from employees and outside agencies; resolves issues per policies and procedures
- Maintain payroll records; gathers and reviews paperwork for audits
- Process off cycle payroll runs and processes manual checks when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; a combination of relevant experience and education may be substituted upon approval by hiring manager.
- Minimum of three years of hands-on payroll processing.
- CPP or FPC certification preferred.
- ADP payroll software experience strongly preferred.
- Experience dealing with multi state payroll preferred
- Working knowledge of methods, practices, and principles of payroll preparation and processing required
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.