Orbis Education - Talent Acquisition Partner (Carmel, IN)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. GCE’s wholly owned subsidiary, Orbis Education, located in Carmel, Indiana is hiring for a full time Talent Acquisition Partner (Recruiter). This position will be working independently but under general direction, to develop sound and effective customized recruiting plans and strategies, employing traditional and non-traditional sourcing methods, proactively developing candidate pools and ensuring the successful selection and hiring of the best-qualified talent.
Please note, this position is located in Carmel, IN.
- Consults and partners with hiring managers and HR business partners to develop effective marketplace recruitment strategies.
- Prepares and implements strategies using multiple techniques including social media, e-Recruiting, online database, employee referrals, internal databases, networks, etc. while meeting pre-determined SLAs for assigned clients.
- Screens talent pools to confirm qualifications, skill sets, interest, job fit, salary requirements, work authorization and other customized criteria.
- Builds relationships and networks with target industries, companies, user groups, professional associations, educational institutions and others to develop and maintain a pipeline of active/passive candidates.
- Partners with other Talent Acquisition team members to coordinate strategies and activities in order to create efficiencies and collaborate on marketplace talent opportunities.
- As requested, conducts face-to-face interviews with potential candidates
- Coordinates, facilitates and/or participates in external job fairs in support of recruiting strategies.
- Utilizes applicant tracking system for job postings and creates and executes queries and searches for qualified candidates.
- Provides reporting on key sourcing and recruiting metrics by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends for continuous improvement.
- Maintains open and frequent communications with business partners, human resources staff and any others on recruiting and hiring timelines.
- Partners with client organizations to provide, promote and ensure a positive experience in meeting staffing goals.
- Ensures legal compliance with federal and state requirements.
- May assist or participate in the New Employee Orientation sessions.
- Remains current on trends and developments of accrediting bodies, employee educational and certification requirements, and HR trends. Recommends solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the recruiting life cycle.
- Performs other related assignments as necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, industrial relations, psychology or a related field is required.
- An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education/training may be substituted upon hiring manager’s approval.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with high-volume, life-cycle recruiting for a variety of job classifications.
- Prior experience with Workday or other applicant tracking systems.
- Prior talent acquisition/human resources experience in higher education is preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000024187