Operations Data Reporting Analyst - Academic Web Services
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a new Operations Data Reporting Analyst to join their Academic Web Services Team. Under general direction, this position assists Curriculum Services managers in developing and analyzing reports on market viability of academic program offerings, content management and generation, and curricular submissions. This position provides information on trends and historical patterns for supporting data driven business decisions.
- Prepares and creates reports on various metrics pertaining to the market viability analysis of academic programs based on organizational mission/strategic alignment, accreditation requirements, and other relevant data
- Communicates analysis and results to all relevant stakeholders which may include illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text
- Creates dashboards for managers and executives
- Identify opportunities to improve regular delivery of standard analysis/reporting through automation, streamlining, and migration to self-serve platforms
- Works with Curriculum Services Management team to monitor and report key performance indicators pertaining to the data which is extracted from xRM
- Provides data and recommendations to internal teams to provide guidance in business decisions
- Creates documentation of job-related procedures and reporting
- Troubleshoots escalated end-user issues with Curriculum Services applications.
- Keeps current and advises management on the most efficient reporting trends in higher education
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related discipline
- 1-2 years related work experience in business analytics, reporting, accounting/finance, management analysis or similar
- Work experience in higher education preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel utilizing complex formulas to produce statistical trends, charts, graphs, and pivot tables
- Must be able to perform mathematics calculations rapidly and produce timely and accurate analysis based on business logic
- Able to perform basic queries in pulling fields from databases to coalesce data from several sources.
- Experience with advanced data visualization tools
- An understanding of KPIs including web metrics and methods for developing, tracking, and reporting against established objectives
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with managers and executive leaders
- Strong ability to structure and express ideas logically
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and planning abilities
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to build rapport and credibility, and work well in a team environment and with diverse cultures
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.