Onboarding Supervisor, Talent Acquisition
Oversees the day-to-day on-boarding and student worker recruiting administrative process. Supervises and motivates assigned staff. The HR Team is working remotely 4 days per week and onsite 1 day per week. Come join our happy group!
- Ensures existing employee processes for new hire onboarding are effective and efficient. Makes recommendations as needed for improvement of business processes, rules and workflow.
- Acts as SME regarding onboarding process and requirements for a variety of staff including IRCA/I-9 E-verify compliance, background checks, and elevates exceptions and unusual situations accordingly such as immigrant/non-immigrant and student visa holders.
- Has significant input and influence with regard to employment-related decisions with staff.
- Assigns work to staff and motivates staff to produce extraordinary results. Ensures staff are well trained.
- Effectively manage projects of varying sizes and duration in support of the University’s Talent Acquisition mission including streamlining and automating onboarding tools, systems and processes to maximize efficiencies.
- Develops effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- May act as a liaison representing the Talent Acquisition and On-Boarding department to other departments within the University.
- Ensures existing processes are in accordance with University policies, practices, EEO, HIPAA and other legal requirements.
- Oversees the development, completion and accuracy of a variety of standard and ad-hoc reports or queries utilizing appropriate tools. Collaborates and supports Talent Acquisition team members to ensure timely delivery of reports and data.
- Offers expertise to the team and peers, responding to urgent needs for information or analysis, data sources, multiple demands, or repetition, etc.
- Conducts periodic audits of the onboarding software and process and recommends improvements, solutions and/or major variations from established policy to the Manager.
- Documents and maintains the business processes and operational procedures as related to the onboarding process.
- May assist Talent Acquisition staff in the coordination of career events, conferences and job fairs.
- Remains current with new trends and development in the field of expertise.
- Supervises 4-6 full time on-boarding staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Five years’ related work experience including demonstrated effective supervisory experience.
- Ability to interact professionally with various levels of staff and management.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with assigned 3rd-party vendors.
- Familiarity with 3rd party web-based/cloud-based applicant tracking/talent acquisition software.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously without compromising quality.
- Must be able to manage and handle extreme confidentiality of information.
- Extensive knowledge of the on-boarding process and business best practices.
- Ability to motivate, coach, counsel team members effectively.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable of office practices, technology applications and reporting systems.
- Excellent communications skills with a good command of the English language, ensuring details are clearly and concisely conveyed and ideas effectively presented.
- Knowledge of the full-cycle talent acquisition process.
- High level of computer proficiency including extensive knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to apply sound judgment in making decisions.
- Familiarity with human resources principles, techniques and practices.
- A combination of education and experience which provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.