Student Worker - OFE College of Education, Student Analyst
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking a College of Education, Student Analyst Worker to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Office of Field Experience department.
Purpose within the Organization:
The Student Analyst Worker will work as part of a team to provide division administrative support services and reporting support for College of Education services. To do so, you must be able to interact with administrative staff of the division, understand and execute time sensitive reporting and communicate well both verbally and written.
NOTE: This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship. Therefore, F-1 students will not be considered for this position. F-1 students may apply to other student worker positions.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities/Essential Functions:
The essential duties, responsibilities, and expectations include the following:
- Represents GCU in a support capacity upon direction of immediate supervisor.
- Proficiently use university systems to execute multiple tasks for research and reporting purposes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Organizes time effectively so all prioritized work is completed in a timely manner and desired tasks are achieved to ensure performance quality.
- Works well in a team environment, often communicating with other campus departments and leadership.
- Assists with the collection of admissions paperwork and other documents supporting student milestones are achieved in a timely manner.
- Other admissions duties as assigned.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
This position will provide all equipment resources necessary to complete job functions. This includes hardware (laptop, monitor, mouse, and phone/headset) and software (GCE proprietary applications and systems, SharePoint, and Windows applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and TEAMS). Individuals in this role are responsible for the successful execution of daily functions associated with proficient use and understanding of these resources.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Future Junior or Senior at Grand Canyon University (current sophomore or junior)
- >3.0 institutional GPA at GCU
- Ability to work on weekdays (Monday-Friday) between the hours of 6am - 5pm (shifts can vary by employee)
- Ideal candidate is highly motivated, with a passion for student success and GCU’s Christian mission.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment (organized and adaptable).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with the data analytics functions and reporting systems, Microsoft Office suite and other university systems knowledge desired.
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student first policy.
Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
- Sitting: up to 8 hours a day and/or as necessary to fulfill daily shift schedule.
- Standing: up to 2 hours a day and/or as necessary to fulfill daily shift schedule.
- Walking: 1 hours a day
- Lifting: Rarely
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2024