Network Operations Technician
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education’s Information Technology department is seeking a full time Network Operations Technician working under the direction of the NOC Supervisor and IT Management. Essential responsibilities include providing production network and systems monitoring, performing moderately complex fault-management and assigned configuration tasks in support of customers and customer supporting systems. This position is the technical lead for identifying and isolating large-scale systems and network issues. This person will perform routine tape rotations, provide routine remote hands-on work, and participate in additional support functions related to Operations Center and data center operations as needed.
- Perform Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for a variety of systems and applications in a 24x7 Network Operations Center.
- Analyze, triage and troubleshoot alarms received by internal and external monitoring and trending systems.
- Proactively monitor operating systems, databases, web servers and network devices.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner; escalate as required to management and/ or customers.
- Ensure escalations are handled in a professional, consistent, and relentless manner.
- Manage incidents from beginning through final resolution, including customer notification.
- Create/Delete/Manage all user accounts utilizing Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Handle server based hardware installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and replacement.
- Patch Windows servers as needed.
- Administer messaging systems (Exchange Server 2013), trouble ticketing system (Service Desk).
- Coordinate the installation of client department-specific applications and systems.
- Contact support for various systems on campus as well as troubleshooting hardware/applications.
- BS degree or equivalent training or experience in IT, Computing or a relevant field.
- Experience in messaging systems (Exchange 2013)
- Familiar with trouble ticket system (ServiceDesk).
- Must be able to adapt to new technologies and processes.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient with ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, holidays as required to provide support and maintenance for systems, and to ensure 24/7 support and troubleshooting.
- Must be able to pass background investigations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; position occasionally operates University vehicles.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com