Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking a Network Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for full life cycle management of campus and data center networks including LAN, WAN, network security and associated technologies. The ideal candidate for this position is a person who is adaptable, creative and wants to be a part of a dynamic DevOps culture that is making a difference.
- Research and recommend upgrades/optimizations of deployed technologies.
- Participate in network infrastructure design and implementation projects.
- Manage, support and troubleshoot complex network topologies and systems (Routing, Switching, Load Balancing, Firewalls, VPN).
- Conduct packet capture analysis and troubleshooting.
- Able to work "on call" as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related technical discipline acquired through a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- 5 years’ experience as a system or network administrator.
- Experience with or substantial knowledge in most of the following areas:
- Network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP)
- Cisco Catalyst/Nexus platforms
- Cisco/Palo Alto Firewalls
- Citrix/F5 load balancers
- Data Center technologies is a plus (VXLAN, ACI)
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com