Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking a .NET Developer. In this role you will develop and customize Microsoft Dynamics CRM solutions and more.
- Development and customization of Microsoft CRM solutions (Dynamics 365 Sales / Customer Engagement v9.x - on-premise and cloud), Microsoft BizTalk orchestrations, Web API Development (OData v4), SQL Server Stored Procedures, SQL Server Reporting Services, Event Receivers, Workflow, and user interface development
- Configuration of CRM environments, CRM Entity Organization deployments
- Understanding of Agile SDLC methodology and the ability to operate under an iterative development process
- Confer with users and team members to develop, understand and update requirements for configuration and development of software
- Write and maintain programming documentation on subjects including code, API functionality, and software issue creation/resolution
- Maintain, support, and troubleshoot web applications hosted on a software as a service platform
- Identify opportunities for application scalability, sustainability and improvement
- Evaluate customer or internally driven functionality change requests for technical feasibility and level of effort
- Prepare database schema for review and deployment
- Execute programming updates for application updates or enhancements per project
- Conduct application software testing, prototype review, and quality assurance for stage and production release and post release monitoring and follow up.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding information being processed, stored or accessed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Two years' work experience in software design and implementation for large projects
- An equivalent combination of directly-related work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Experience with version control software, (Git, Azure DevOps)
- Internet Information Server (IIS), Component Services, and SQL Server (stored procedures constraints and triggers).
- Preferred: .NET Core and .NET standard development
- Preferred: Front-end experience - HTML and CSS
- Preferred: Understanding of Microsoft Workflow Foundation
- Preferred: Good understanding of dependency injection, IIS setup and configuration, and asynchronous processing
- Preferred: Experience with BizTalk (2013, 2020)
- Knowledge of all basic Object-Oriented Concepts
- Experience exercising Web APIs using Fiddler, Postman and Swagger
- Ability to work with third party industry tools as needed
- SQL experience and basic understanding of relational databases
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Familiarity with project management techniques including planning, organizing, and time management
- Strong desire to learn new technologies; be adaptive to new tools.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail and willingness to learn and be a team player
- Must pass background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.