MySQL\Linux Systems Administrator - AZ Remote Opportunity
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking a MySQL \ Linux Systems Administrator to be part of a DevOps service-oriented tools team responsible for delivering solutions as required with a focus on automation, innovation and support for our 24x7x365 high-availability systems. The successful candidate that we seek has a flexible mindset and can adapt quickly to changes and challenges. They are always observing and learning how to better understand and serve external and internal customers. Working closely with decision makers, they help identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions. They are an exceptional steward of time and resources.
- Build, maintain, and support of Linux systems and their applications.
- Coding operational scripts using languages like: Bash, Perl, PowerShell, YAML and JSON.
- Manage the performance of MySQL database systems and address any problems that may arise. Maintain our databases including installing upgrades, Replication and other support functions, protecting against threats, managing storage and security. Assist with MySQL query tuning and configurations, while crafting and deploying associated patches. Build and maintain maintenance plans, with the ability to monitor root causes and swiftly resolve any issues.
- Experienced subject matter expertise in various technologies such as Linux (CentOS), MySQL, Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, Ansible, Nomad, Consul, Vault, Docker, AWS/Azure, virtualization, networking, storage, repos, pipelines and boards.
- Self-starter with the ability to take project assignments from start to finish.
- In-depth technical knowledge of current infrastructure protocols, business platforms, middleware, Internet standards, and database software as related to creating successful designs, development and implementation of high availability systems, applications and related services.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (computer science, information technology, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Proven equivalent industry experience may be substituted for a degree upon supervisor’s approval.
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Any related technical certifications a plus.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
#gce #gcu #tech #linux #coding #mysql #systemadministator #remote #workfromhome