Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Multimedia Producer. This position is responsible for steering a multimedia project through initial stages to completion. Using an array of multi-media tools and platforms, creates and produces high-quality, multi-media content that can be distributed through a variety of digital outlets as a means to market to prospective students, current students, alumni and other audiences relevant to GCU Athletics.
- Works with Creative Director and provides overall direction for approved projects including producing, shooting and editing video.
- Actively involved in the planning and completion of all three phases of production; pre-production; production and post-production.
- Meets with GCU Athletic clients to obtain information about proposed projects; engages constructively with clients through offering development and production ideas; provides recommendation of creative solution to address University audiovisual targeted initiatives.
- Scouts shoot locations and assesses possible obstacles in filming. Obtains necessary approvals and consents.
- Shoots/Captures sound bites from a pool of demographic "subjects" which meet the creative direction and outcome of the multimedia project.
- Delivers projects which meet client specifications on time and within budgeted guidelines.
- Works within the project management system (Workimajig) and video work flow cloud system (Frame.io to tracks projects and provides necessary support or resources to fulfill requests
- Ensures technical equipment is available and ready for multimedia crew to produce final product.
- Works with other multimedia producer to maintains multimedia asset library for storage, retention and access of all GCU Athletic multimedia assets.
- Acts as a liaison between marketing and other GCU departments to provide best practices for video media.
- Manages video uploads for distribution sources.
- Analyzes user response(s) to video assets (number of views, drop off rates, comments) across multiple channels, provides trend report to management and provides action plan for increasing user response as needed.
- Works overtime, evening, holidays or weekend hours in order to complete assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university or college, or a relevant industry certification.
- Minimum 7 years’ relevant work experience which includes supervising a create team and creative direction for video production.
- Experience working with broad professionals including on-camera talent and production staff.
- Strong understanding of video and video production including Premier Pro or Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite (I.E., Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Sound Booth).
- Able to complete urgent turn around for projects which may include working evenings and weekends to meet project timeline.
- Portfolio of produced work is required.
- Must have valid Driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Reliable transportation in order to travel to various off site locations.
- Ability and willingness to travel (overnight) 25% of time.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule to accommodate off hour events which may include nights and weekends.
- Experience in managing or using a video content management system.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000017180