Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Multimedia Producer. This position is responsible for steering a multimedia project through initial stages to completion. Using an array of multi-media tools and platforms, creates and produces high-quality, multi-media content that can be distributed through a variety of digital outlets as a means to market to prospective students, current students, alumni and other audiences relevant to GCU Athletics.
Please Note: Portfolio of produced work is required.
- Provides overall creative direction for approved projects including, writing, producing shooting and editing video.
- Actively involved in the planning and completion of all three phases of production; pre-production; production and post-production.
- Meets with GCU clients to obtain information about proposed projects; engages constructively with clients through offering development and production ideas; provides recommendation of creative solution to address University audiovisual targeted initiatives.
- Scouts shoot locations and assesses possible obstacles in filming. Obtains necessary approvals and consents.
- Shoots/Captures sound bites from a pool of demographic "subjects" which meet the creative direction and outcome of the multimedia project.
- Delivers projects which meet client specifications on time and within budgeted guidelines.
- Tracks projects and provides necessary support or resources to fulfill requests; Ensures technical equipment is available and ready for multimedia crew to produce final product.
- Develops and maintains multimedia asset library for storage, retention and access of all multimedia assets.
- Acts as a liaison between marketing and all stakeholdes to provide best practices for video media.
- Manages video uploads to Ooyala or other distribution sources.
- Analyzes user response(s) to video assets (number of views, drop off rates, comments) across multiple channels, provides trend report to management and provides action plan for increasing user response as needed.
- Works overtime, evening, holidays or weekend hours in order to complete assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university or college, or a relevant industry certification.
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant work experience which includes supervising a create team and creative direction for video production.
- Experience working with broad professionals including on-camera talent and production staff.
- Must have valid Driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Reliable transportation in order to travel to various off site locations.
- Ability and willingness to travel (overnight) 25% of time.
- Demonstrated ability to generate creative concepts and produce quality multimedia assets.
- Advanced skill in creative use of video and video production including Premier Pro or Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite (I.E., Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Sound Booth).
- Full video with audio production and post production knowledge and capabilities including encoding and compression skills helpful.
- Demonstrate sound decision making when working under tight time deadlines.
- Highly effective communication skills with the ability to interact constructively with production team members, staff, student workers, faculty and management.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in teams.
- Knowledge of live streaming platforms such as Limelight, YouTube, Google+ Hangouts.
- Must be able to manage time/priorities and multi-task to handle both long term projects and those that require quick or aggressive production timeline.
- Ability to operate a PC or laptop and a proficiency with basic office software.
- Leadership skill in developing and motivating staff to produce high volume of projects
- Willingness to work flexible schedule to accommodate off hour events which may include nights and weekends.
- Able to complete urgent turn around for projects which may include working evenings and weekends to meet project timeline.
- Portfolio of produced work is required.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Experience in managing or using a video content management system.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000024331