Meeting and Events Sourcing Specialist
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education’s procurement department is seeking a full time Meeting and Events Sourcing Specialist. The Meeting and Events Sourcing Specialist is responsible for recommending destination and venue options, negotiating with industry suppliers and initial budgeting for assigned client program, meetings and events. The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for contract negotiation & execution, savings generation & documentation, and properly updating technology information for all meeting and event types, all in accordance with client processes and tools. Financial responsibilities include; program benchmarking, cost savings negotiations and tracking, invoice payment and accruals.
- Responsible for RFP process to secure all travel services (Hotel, airlines, car rentals, limo/ground services, travel agencies) which include the following steps:
- Initiate of RFP to suppliers; supplier list may already have been narrowed from preliminary information gathering; RFP must outline agreed upon performance standards and tolerances
- Review RFP/bid quotations with management team
- Negotiate with selected supplier to secure advantageous rates which adhere to budgetary limitations and legal/compliance terms
- Manage planning and execution of any assigned meeting/events
- Delegate planning and execution of meeting/event to other team members as needed depending on business volume with scope of authority and responsibility
- Identifies savings opportunities and service enhancements and helps initiate process improvements.
- Build and leverage strong, lasting relationships with internal and external customers/suppliers.
- Analyzes past meeting/event trends which include location, price, and quality of services to determine value and yield.
- Keeps abreast of trends in meeting/events industry which could potentially impact services offered to GCE’s clients.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university preferred.
- SABRE experience.
- Event management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ hotel/travel group experience which includes but not limited to rooms, meeting space, AV and food and beverage.
- Work experience in negotiating meeting/event contracts with customers/suppliers.
- Must be able to pass background investigations.
- Must be able to be on rotating on call coverage weeknights and weekends.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting competing and/or changing timelines.
- Strong ability to be detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, specifically proficiency with Excel to track travel costs as required.
- Keyboarding skill at approximately 50 wpm.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000017840-1