Media & Advertising Specialist
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking a Media & Advertising Specialist to assist the Marketing Manager, vendors and agencies in the execution of University advertising and branding initiatives and to coordinate all phases of marketing, advertising and media production.
- Partners and collaborates with the Marketing Manager, Client Services Managers and/or GCU departments to ascertain specific needs and objectives and assists in formulating ideas to create effective advertising plans and creative.
- Assists Management in facilitating, organizing and scheduling advertising and a variety of electronic media and works with marketing teams to ensure graphics and data specifications for advertisements are met.
- Coordinates all phases for creation and production of marketing materials, advertising, media including liaison with creative development/vendors, estimation, traffic, approvals, production and billing.
- Contacts leads for video and photo opportunities, organizing large-scale, full-production video interviews and photography sessions.
- Executes and monitors effective advertising media schedules in compliance with established and approved marketing guidelines ensuring quality of advertising material and consistency of branding.
- Communicates with internal requesting departments/Client Services Managers and outside agencies to ensure fulfillment of media and production deadlines.
- Coordinates on-campus and off-site interviews with media contacts and University staff.
- Works with agencies on the production of advertising, safeguarding GCU’s branding strategy in the development of materials and media.
- Participates in strategy sessions with agencies and University staff to ensure recommended marketing plans meet clients’ current and/or future needs.
- Builds, develops and maintains effective business alliances with University client(s), vendors and agencies.
- Keeps marketing management and client informed of progress and potential issues and makes recommendations to ensure plans are well coordinated and synchronized.
- Collaborates with other departments on regularly scheduled events ensuring availability of appropriate support.
- Assists with the monitoring of budgets in compliance with guidelines and to ensure the achievement of plan objectives.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, public relations or communications
- 2+ years’ marketing experience, preferably in an in-house creative department or agency
- A combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted upon hiring manger’s approval.
- Experience in executing marketing campaigns (traditional and digital) for a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of design and animation software is helpful.
- Ability to communicate effectively with outside agencies, vendors and other contacts, clients and all levels of employees.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), MS Project or similar project management software, social media platforms.
- Familiarity with social media platforms for advertising and branding purposes.
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, cope with changing priorities and complete projects with competing deadlines.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings, weekends or holidays required.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000016828