Math Online Student Tutor-Student Worker (NFWS)
Purpose within the Organization:
The purpose of this position is to provide group or one on one academic support to University students who need help in either Math or Writing coursework. These roles serve online students.
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
- Provide tutoring/coaching for students; reviewing course lectures, homework, etc.
- Review diagnostic assessments of students.
- Receive Early Alerts and make outbound calls to set up tutoring appointments.
- Update CRM (official student database) with specific appointment notes for use by Faculty and Student Services Counselor.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records and services provided.
- May be requested to perform administrative duties as needed.
- Must be available to work Summer 2020.
- Have current 3.5 GPA or above.
- Must possess an "A" in specific course for which you will be tutoring students or referral from faculty.
- Possess strong ethics and integrity.
- Have passion and willingness to help others succeed.
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student first policy.
Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
- Sitting: 2-8 hours a day
- Standing: Rarely hours a day
- Walking: Rarely hours a day
- Lifting: Rarely
- Carrying: Rarely
- Pushing: Rarely
- Bending: Rarely
- Squatting: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Climbing: Rarely
- Reaching: Rarely
- Grasping: Rarely
- Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
- Driving: Never
- Work Environment: Remote. Work is performed primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Pay Rate: $15.00
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2023
Manager: Online Enrollment Operations - Regional Director of Online Enrollment Operations