Marketing - Student Photographer (NFWS)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking a Student Photographer to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Marketing and Multimedia department.
Purpose within the Organization:
The purpose of the Photographer will be to assist in the creation of images for the Marketing Department as well as assisting Full Time Employees with Photoshoot needs.
As a Student Photographer, you will have the opportunity for hands-on experience with our team of photography professionals. You will gain real-world experience working and assisting on active client shoots, as well as producing your own. In addition, you’ll also have hands-on access to gear, lighting, and camera workshops to enhance your industry knowledge alongside the production teams.
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
- Provide and assists with photographic services for assigned projects which may occur on-location, off-site, or in the studio.
- Capture a wide variety of image styles such as action shooting, lifestyles, night scenes, event coverage, headshots, and studio work.
- Assist Full-Time Photographer with gear set up and breakdown for both on-location and off-location shoots.
- Aiding in data management and organization of digital assets.
- Editing images to meet company standards and guidelines while providing a full scope of the assigned project.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively to complete the assigned project.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
As Student Photographers you are expected to use a Canon or Nikon DSLR camera for use in capturing events and other marketing assignments. You will use Photoshop, Lightroom Classic for photographic post-production needs, and advanced photographic strobes (training will be provided).
- Basic knowledge of camera operation, including being able to operate a camera at an event or on set.
- Previous experience capturing events, such as Sports, concerts, parties, etc.
- Basic knowledge of photo editing software such as Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, and Adobe Camera Raw.
- Willingness to enhance photography skills by working with others and keeping up to date with enhancements to digital technology photographic trends.
- Must be physically able to capture shots which may involve climbing to reach heights and/or moving body in laying or bending positions, as well as being able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift 25-50lbs of gear and photographic equipment.
- Portfolio, website or examples of past photographic work (recommended, but not required).
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student-first policy.
Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
- Sitting: 2-4 hours a day
- Standing: 4-8 hours a day
- Walking: 2-4 hours a day
- Lifting: Occasionally
- Carrying: Frequently
- Pushing: Occasionally
- Bending: Continuously
- Squatting: Frequently
- Kneeling: Continuously
- Climbing: Rarely
- Reaching: Continuously
- Grasping: Rarely
- Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Frequently
- Driving: Occasionally
- Work Environment: Office building on site. Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2024