Marketing Research Analyst
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Marketing Research Analyst.
- Handles the enrollment projection process for new degree programs under consideration which includes working collaboratively with other marketing teams (Affiliate/PPC/Web) as other departments which are involved in the modeling process, (e.g, Finance, Operations, Publishing, Academic Services, Academic Administration, and Colleges)
- Creates reports detailing the viability of newly proposed degree programs in comparison with competitor institutions - projected enrollment, relevant career data and programmatic details (tuition, time to completion, etc.)
- Maintains, updates and ensures accuracy of the internal BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics) database, which is used to report on job-related trends related to growth and income of the client’s current and upcoming degree programs
- Builds relevant data reports from government websites (IPEDS, ELSI) which match GCU demographics/parameters to describe trends in student body populations at both secondary and postsecondary institutions
- Responsible for ongoing development of an open-source intelligence database collecting volumes of data from education, government, and industry websites for the purpose of robust market competitive analysis; ensures database is continuously updated for usage by other teams responsible for marketing research data
- Creates and delivers on-demand reports detailing strategic and financial analysis benchmarking of competitor institutions via publicly available data (earnings calls, annual financial disclosure reports)
- Responsible for delivery of ad-hoc reports e.g., market data-intensive reports detailing higher education trends and/or potential new and adjacent markets
- Attends both inter-departmental and client-facing meetings to deliver report findings as well as provide insight, suggestions and assistance with research projects
- Collaborates with other members of marketing research team to run and process data utilizing GCE’s proprietary software; ensures the accuracy of data and reports while providing suggestions for improvements on future reports
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution preferably with degree in marketing, business administration with credits in statistics, data science and analytics.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in higher education industry where role is involved in data collection and analysis, where statistics and forecasting played a key role plus Master’s Degree with emphasis on data analytics/business intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability to take a wealth of data from a multitude of sources to formulate clear and concise conclusions and recommendations
- Adept at rapid quantitative analysis, troubleshooting MS Excel when necessary, to produce timely and accurate analyses and results
- Understanding of qualitative research methods (both primary and secondary techniques), working knowledge of statistical analysis
- Advanced proficiency at Microsoft Excel and MS Office Suite
- Excellent communications skills - ability to effectively and efficiently provide market insight and recommendations to marketing managers and clients
- Strong ability to compose and edit marketing reports which are highly detailed; ability to focus on key data points ensuring data accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize deadlines and manage multiple assignments or projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor when presenting/discussing marketing data; strong ability to inform others who may be less able to handle volume of data/statistics
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- 5 years’ related work experience in marketing competitive research analysis
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000016378