Marketing, Quality Assurance Specialist - Remote
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Marketing Quality Assurance Specialist.
- Defines and implements quality assurance practices and procedures for software projects within the marketing department.
- Assists with the creation, organization, and maintenance of a comprehensive test plan library for use by marketing.
- Assists with the development of test automation used in verifying conformity to functional requirements, web standards and accessibility standards.
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining and auditing the QA process within marketing for software projects.
- Continuously researches quality assurance standards and makes recommendations to management with regard to improving marketing’s QA processes.
- Responsible for understanding both the business objectives and the technical implementation of GCU’s marketing websites and its applications.
- Coordinates the release of products with all relevant stakeholders.
- Receives requests for software testing due to upgrades and maintenance or new applications.
- Meets with developers or users to understand the nature of the testing required and documents requirements of testing.
- Analyzes, designs and prepares data requirements for test execution.
- Creates, executes and maintains quality assurance test plans based on technical and/or business requirements.
- Designs and develops quality assurance test scripts and plan to aid in the quality assurance process. Implements, tests, debugs and maintains test scripts.
- Provides task dependencies, priorities and time estimates.
- Analyzes and optimizes the quality assurance testing tools and processes through continuous improvement.
- Stays current on changing and updated trends, software upgrades, new internet browser products and/or versions, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (computer science, information technology, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum of two years of experience building and/or testing web applications.
- The following experience may be substituted for education requirements:
- Three years of work experience building and/or testing web application with an unrelated bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Five years of work experience building and/or testing web applications with an Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Solid understanding of Windows and MacOS operating systems as well as web applications.
- Ability to interpret SQL codes to troubleshoot and write SQL queries.
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and best practices including build and source control automation tools like Jenkins and GIT.
- Familiarity with W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.