Marketing - Promo Team Member (NFWS)
Purpose within the Organization:
The purpose of this position is to assist the Marketing Ground Events Team in the Marketing Department with customer service duties related to recruiting and events.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities/Essential Functions:
Assisting full time Marketing Event Planners with admissions focused events
Providing a positive outlook on GCU to visiting students, parents, and teachers
Managing day-of event details such as check-in, directional assistance, and setup/tear down
Communicating effectively via phone or face to face with University Admissions Counselors and any other clients
Special projects as assigned
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
Cell phone to access GroupMe & When I Work
Willingness to provide excellent customer service
Strong public speaking skills one on one and in large group settings
Dependable and punctual
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Willingness to work, learn, and be flexible
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
* Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
* Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
* Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
* Sitting: 1-2 hours a day
* Standing: 4-8 hours a day
* Walking: 4-8 hours a day
* Lifting: Frequently
* Carrying: Frequently
* Pushing: Occasionally
* Bending: Occasionally
* Squatting: Occasionally
* Kneeling: Rarely
* Climbing: Never
* Reaching: Occasionally
* Grasping: Occasionally
* Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
* Driving: Occasionally
* Work Environment: Work is primarily performed throughout GCU’s campus, both indoors and outdoors, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2024