Marketing Project Specialist
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a full time Marketing Project Specialist. Through general supervision, this position will assist the assigned Regional Marketing Manager in creating and establishing effective marketing and branding initiatives.
- Manage marketing campaigns from formulation to execution for assigned clients.
- Meets with marketing management to ascertain client’s specific needs and objectives and then formulate ideas with other internal marketing partners to create an effective marketing campaign.
- Assists as a member of the internal marketing "creative" team to assess and recommend communications opportunities, methods and channels, promotional mix and methods.
- Participates in campaign strategy sessions alongside marketing management with assigned clients to ensure recommended marketing plans meet clients’ current and/or future needs.
- Applies considerable knowledge of marketing principles and techniques to assist in creating marketing campaign plans by utilizing both digital and traditional marketing methods/channels (i.e., brochures, flyers, posters, postcards, direct mail, billboards, apparel, emails, landing pages, micro sties, social media, radio, etc.). Confers with marketing management to confirm relevance of overall plan.
- Participates in meetings to get approval for marketing campaigns.
- Coordinates deployment of marketing activities with all relevant stakeholders..
- Keeps marketing management informed of progress and potential issues and makes recommendations to ensure plans are well coordinated and synchronized.
- Safeguards GCU’s branding strategy in the development of materials and media.
- Develops performance metrics and reporting for ROI on marketing campaigns.
- Coordinates with other affected departments on regularly scheduled events ensuring availability of appropriate support.
- Recommends new approaches and ideas in brainstorming meetings which demonstrates most current and leading edge marketing techniques in the public domain.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, public relations or communications
- 4 years’ marketing experience, preferably in an in-house creative department or agency
- Experience in executing marketing campaigns (traditional and digital) for a variety of audiences.
- An ability to translate client needs into effective marketing campaigns.
- Good attention to detail, analytical and networking skills.
- Knowledge of media placement processes among multiple media channels.
- Knowledge of marketing analytics, ROI metrics and earned value assessment.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000029818