Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Marketing Manager. This position will be responsible for defining the regional messaging, marketing campaign assets and launch strategies in coordination with the Senior VP of Operations to ensure the success of GCU marketing and student recruitment activities; acts as an advocate for the division, clearly positioning GCU within the community and constituents. This position is accountable to both the Senior Vice President of Operations and the Senior Vice President of Marketing.
- Plans and executes division marketing plan(s) by leveraging dedicated marketing back-end support staff.
- In collaboration with the division leader and the marketing team, formulates and manages budgets across multiple marketing channels.
- Manages staff with responsibility and accountability for performance and results; coaches, counsels, mentors, appraises performance and makes employment decisions.
- Acts as advisor to division leader on the development of the marketing plan, providing guidelines and advice on the coordination of the marketing plan to the University’s main marketing strategy, ensuring sound marketing principles are utilized.
- Devises plans and strategies to maintain a single unified marketing brand.
- Develops compelling and appealing brand positioning, messaging and value to attract prospective students.
- Contributes to the future marketing vision based on market trends and competitive insights.
- Develops and delivers persuasive presentations including marketing plans, competitive analysis, event overviews, ROI analytics/performance metrics to executive team.
- Helps to facilitate internal communications across the University as related to campaign efforts.
- Recommends process changes, tracking methods for better efficiency and prepares daily and weekly reports, performance metrics and projections to executive/management team(s).
- Collaborates and liaises with other staff in ensuring University web-based content, policy and procedures manuals are accurate and up to date.
- Assists or provides guidance in facilitating internal communications across the University as related to campaign efforts.
- Stays abreast of current industry trends, marketing principles and techniques, technology trends and recommends University solutions.
- Subscribes to and supports the University’ guiding principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline; master’s degree is preferred.
- A combination of experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in marketing, preferably within higher education.
- Specific background must include marketing experience within multiple channels, including digital marketing, social media, event planning, print, direct mail, television and radio.
- Prior management experience.
- Ability to coach, counsel, mentor and motivate staff.
- Strategic planning skills to assist in defining business models, value proposition, segmentation and targeted marketing.
- Skilled in the development and execution of sound and timely marketing plans and strategies.
- Flexible and adaptable to work within a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Student/customer oriented with excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, strategic and problem solving skills.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon Education.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000015721