Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Marketing Manager. This position functions as the primary liaison between university partner marketing departments and internal marketing teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of inquiry generation marketing plans. For each assigned university partner, the Marketing Manager will serve as a marketing strategist and brand steward, and manage duties related to annual marketing budgets, lead forecasting, and will work closely with admissions and other departments as needed.
- Build strong relationships with the university partners and internal counterparts
- Create and execute marketing plans for partner accounts in line with strategies agreed upon by all stakeholders
- Conduct regular marketing reviews with internal and external constituents
- Function as a primary brand strategist; develop marketing plans that deliver on inquiry volumes needed to support start goals
- Manage annual marketing budgets for all assigned accounts
- Provide monthly inquiry and spend forecasts to Marketing teams, Analytics, and Accounting
- Oversee brand standards for all assigned accounts and manage the creative approval process
- Create and maintain foundational messaging documents including basic competitive research, value propositions, editorial guides and creative briefs for all assigned accounts
- Manage offline media buys for assigned accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field. MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in a marketing or related field
- Demonstration of managing client expectations and working with external stakeholders
- Ability to plan a campaign within budget, from conceptualization to implementation and success measurement
- Strong knowledge of digital media channels including paid search, display advertising; social media advertising knowledge is a plus
- Working knowledge of traditional and streaming media
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to senior management.
- Strong analytical skills (Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel a plus)
- High attention to detail and administration
- Strong project management skills
- Willingness to travel to partner sites
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.