Marketing Manager - Remote AZ
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
The Marketing Manager position is responsible for an assigned portfolio of university partner accounts. This role serves as the primary liaison between university partner marketing departments and internal marketing teams, functioning as a marketing strategist and brand steward. The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing annual event, automated email and enrollment marketing plans and overseeing all marketing material and related projects. Marketing Managers work closely and frequently with the marketing event team, admissions teams, as well as other departments as needed. Target hire is 7/1/22.
The Grand Canyon Education and Orbis Marketing team is a combined team that supports partners in all time zones. This role will have team members in Arizona Time and be able to work those hours on a regular basis. This position will be remote but be required to be onsite (GCU Campus) a few times per month.
What You Will Do:
- Build strong relationships with the university partners, internal functional groups, and key internal stakeholders
- Create and execute event, automated email and enrollment marketing plans for partner accounts
- Conduct regular marketing reviews and presentations with internal and external constituents
- Function as marketing strategist; develop marketing plans that deliver on inquiry volumes needed to support start goals
- Manage and maintain all marketing and advertising assets for assigned university partners
- Work closely with Marketing Project Specialists to ensure all projects are submitted accurately in project management platform
- Oversee brand standards for all assigned accounts and manage the approval process
- Create and maintain foundational messaging documents including basic competitive research, value propositions, editorial guides and creative briefs for all assigned accounts
What You Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field. MBA is a plus.
- 5 years plus of experience in a marketing or related field is preferred
- Demonstration of managing client expectations and working with external stakeholders
- Ability to plan a campaign within budget, from conceptualization to implementation and success measurement
- Knowledge of event marketing, signage and other marketing campaigns related to events
- Strong knowledge of digital media channels including paid search, display advertising; social media advertising knowledge is a plus
- Working knowledge of traditional and streaming media
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to senior management.
- Strong analytical skills (Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel a plus)
- High attention to detail and administration
- Strong project management skills