Marketing - Living as Lopes Cast Member (NFWS)
Purpose Within the Organization:
This position is for a YouTube series revolving around the lives of Grand Canyon University students, giving viewers and inside look at what it is really like to be a Lope. This position is a student worker job and requires 12-20 hours of work each week through filming and social media posts. The purpose of this show is to give viewers a real look at student life at Grand Canyon University. Our goal is to provide the audience with a view of daily college life through in-depth weekly episodes, mini episodes, and social media posts. We want viewers to be able to experience the cast members’ adventures all while representing GCU - what the University stands for and has to offer.
As filming is a major part of this position, cast members will need to film with their cell phones in order to gain individual content for episodes, and participate in filming weekly episodes with other cast members. In addition, due to the frequent use of social media for this position, cast members are required to abide by a social media code of conduct.
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
- Ability to attend weekly film shoot.
- Film mini episode content and upload to file sharing service.
- Independently manage mini episode filming schedule.
- Maintain an active public social media presence in line with GCU’s mission.
- Uphold the reputation of GCU.
- Other duties as assigned.
In order to be qualified for this position, cast members must adhere to the following requirements:
- Follow student worker policies as laid out in the student worker handbooks.
- Adhere to GCU rules and regulations.
- Document life through social media and filming.
- Be willing to try new things.
- Be comfortable with being on camera as well as being a face of GCU.
- Cell phone required.
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student first policy.
Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
Sitting: 4 hours a day
Standing: 4 hours a day
Walking: 4 hours a day
Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Occasionally
Work Environment: Office building on site. Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature
and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2024
Open Positions: 4
Manager: Marketing - Multimedia Producer