Marketing - HAWS Demonstrator (NFWS)
The purpose of this position is to provide anatomy lab demonstrations to High School and Community College Students through the Human Anatomy Workshop Program. This position allows GCU students to have the opportunity to improve their anatomy and physiology knowledge and skills.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities/Essential Functions::
- Must be willing to learn about College of Health Sciences programs offered to assist Enrollment in presentation to guests.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking.
- Must be able to present on individual organs and the human body functions using a cadaver.
- Must be able to talk about the GCU student experience.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- Microsoft Excel
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Students must be proficient in Anatomy and Physiology and have passed the lab course with a B or higher, unless approved (preferred completion of BIO 373).
- Must be able to work with cadavers and other specimens without reservation.
- Must have public speaking skills.
- Must demonstrate self-initiative and work well with little supervision.
- Must be professional, responsible, and timely.
- Specific time schedules must be kept.
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
* Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
* Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
* Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
* Sitting: 1-2 hours a day
* Standing: 1-4 hours a day
* Walking: 1-2 hours a day
* Lifting: Occasionally
* Carrying: Occasionally
* Pushing: Rarely
* Bending: Occasionally
* Squatting: Rarely
* Kneeling: Never
* Climbing: Never
* Reaching: Frequently
* Grasping: Continuously
* Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
* Driving: Never
* Work Environment: Cadaver Lab. Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2024