Marketing Data Science Analyst
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Marketing Data Science Analyst. Under limited direction, this position is responsible for understanding, reporting, analyzing, and presenting marketing data pertaining to lead generation, performance, and profitability. A key responsibility is to bring data to life visually to enable marketing and enrollment departments in making data driven decisions.
- Responsible for utilizing internal and external data sources for data mining to create a sufficient pool of data for predictive analysis
- Harness internal and external data and create data visualization graphics which display key trends and metrics for management to make sound business decisions
- Responsible for creating, supporting and improving analytics methods that meet the needs of management in serviced departments
- Act as subject matter expert in all aspects of analysis:
- Decision-Help business identify and evaluate alternate courses of action
- Problem-help business understand a poorly defined or ill structured problem
- Data-Explore data to seek answers based on problem analysis and or previous decisions
- Collaborate with the Business Analytics and IT teams to transform the data for use in modeling and visualizations
- Design visual interface for users to interact with the data
- Perform data mining and statistical analysis to identify trends, causal relationships for process/outcomes
- Set up of data templates to ensure transferability of ongoing data analysis
- Ensure stability of data templates/visualization protocol
- Create and manage databases, tables and other sources of data for use in reporting
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related discipline, marketing, business, Computer Science or Information Technology COMBINED with
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in business analytics, reporting, or management analysis where data visualization was key aspect of role
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration with emphasis on Data Analytics or other analytics degree and minimum of at least 2 years work experience in business analytics, data science, reporting, database development, or management analysis where data visualization was key aspect of role
- Must pass a pre-employment background investigation
- Must be proficient at Microsoft Excel and/or MS Office Suite
- Must be able to perform mathematic calculations rapidly and produce timely and accurate analyses
- Comfortable in working with large multi-dimensional data sets (data manipulation and analysis)
- Familiarity with statistical analysis techniques and qualitative methods
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management to translate informatics accurately
- Proficient with relational database concepts and practices, able to evaluate and write complex queries, scripts, APls, and can create and maintain common database objects such as views, stored procedures, and user-defined functions
- Experience with query performance tuning
- Experience in creating data catalog, data dictionaries, meta data and data schemas
- Experience in data transformation: SQL and Python or any other scripting language
- Experience in at least one statistical software: R, STATA, SPSS, SAS, MATLAB or similar
- Ability to tell stories with data using data visualization software such as Lumira, Tableau etc.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel to create basis for data visualization
- Flexible analytical approach crafting multiple options with supporting arguments for the same goal and allowing for results at varying levels of precision
- Strong capability at designing visual interfaces for users to interact with data
- Acute attention to detail; able to manipulate large data sets and quickly pick up issues with "faulty" logic or trends
- Ability to translate business requirements to provide accurate data trends and analysis
- Ability to formulate sound conclusions from a large pool of mined data
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to build rapport and credibility, and work well in a team environment and with diverse cultures
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000023326