Marketing Business Intelligence Analyst
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels.
The purpose of this role is to provide timely and actionable data and reporting for specific client requirements. Utilizing business intelligence methodologies, this specialized data analytics role will translate business requirements and assimilate them into technical details and reporting products. Acting as a subject matter expert for specific clients, this role advises and supports data-driven solutions.
A successful candidate for this position will have a mix of both technical and non-technical skills. While it is important to have the ability to create queries and manage database objects, the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with team members will be equally important. Problem solving capabilities and the ability to handle multiple projects during a given period are essential.
What You Will Do:
- Some aspects of reporting will already be available for use in creating reports. However, the development of new analytics, metrics, dimensions, and measures will be part of the role. This will include gathering information from software developers and business analysts for business logic that is not already part of the existing data models.
- Along with the ability to create a report or visualization, the ability to derive insights to facilitate discussion with clients as well as providing supporting details will be a required step in providing appropriate service.
- Time will be spent working on solutions independently once information is gathered. However, the information gathering, review, and feedback process will require engaging collaboratively with team members and across departments. Skills that are helpful with this are effective communication and the ability to integrate constructive criticism into project revisions.
- As more knowledge is acquired while working with clients, this role will become a subject matter expert for reporting data within the domain related to the assigned clients.
What You Will Have:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related discipline, marketing, business, computer science, or accounting. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience (relevant work experience may be substituted for education details above)
- Minimum 2 years work experience in data-related field of reporting, analytics, or BI development and reporting
- Demonstrated skills in creating SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, SSIS packages, and SSAS cubes
- Demonstrated skills with Power BI, Tableau, or another reporting/visualization platform
Marketing Business Intelligence Analyst - Remote