Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Marketing Accounting Specialist. This position will work as a member of the marketing team and will support operations and activities by assisting with the ordering of marketing collateral and media buys for the University and submitting invoices to Accounting.
While this position is a Phoenix, AZ based role, we are in an indefinitely remote status. There may be department meetings or training's that require in-person attendance (proper health and safety measures will be followed), in which advance notice will be provided.
- Maintains, corrects, processes and reconciles various accounting documents for Marketing including purchase orders, check requests, invoices, and vendor statements.
- Verifies items billed against budget/items ordered and reconciles differences through follow up with vendors, accounting and other staff.
- Reviews contracts for compliance and accuracy.
- Logs invoices into project management software.
- Assists with the month-end accrual process.
- Processes W-9s and new supplier setups through the Procurement department.
- Follows up/liaises with Accounting to ensure accuracy of submitted information and data.
- Assist with account reconciliations; analyze various accounts and resolve any problems and/or discrepancies accurately.
- Tracks expenses and payments using spreadsheet software (Excel) and prepares reports.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance from a regionally accredited institution.
- Two years’ experience in Accounting, or a closely related administrative position.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel including use of logical functions such as vlookup, logical formulas, pivot tables, filtering data, and creation of graphs and charts.
- Knowledge of Workamajig and Great Plains preferred but not required.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.