Lopes Pre-evaluation Coordinator I
Working under general guidance, the Lopes Pre-evaluation Coordinator I has responsibility for assigning incoming work requests, balancing load of work requests, handling complex work requests and performing work requests as part of daily work load. This lead role is customer-focused and supports the enrollment process, effectively and efficiently, with high attention to detail and strict adherence to GCU requirements while ensuring a positive and seamless experience for prospective students.
- Completes transcript evaluations that are complex and not straightforward to assess
- Handles escalated evaluation issues
- Serves as the first point of assistance to team members to be able to complete the transcript evaluation
- Performs quality checks on transcript reviews; daily, weekly or as needed to ensure operational efficiency as well as compliance with all governing regulations
- Ensures all team members follow all operational steps to ensure operational efficiency and excellent customer service
- Assists with training student workers and provides daily feedback to ensure operational efficiency and continuous learning.
- Communicates with internal and external customers in a professional and timely manner.
- Recommends automation, process, and technique improvements and development for continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Oversight of team of student workers on a daily basis which rotates depending on the students’ work schedule
- Ensures all student workers are engaged productively in handling work assignments.
- May assist with other processes or job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous experience in an Academic Records Department in transfer analysis preferred
- Provide high-level customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage team to meet strict response deadlines and create environment whereby team understands the criticality of meeting deadlines.
- Good planning and organization skills with attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong logical reasoning and ability to perform multiple tasks in high volume, frequent interruptions work environment
- Ability to initiate ideas to streamline and improve operational processes
- Ability to analyze and interpret information.
- Ability to determine most appropriate course of action within sphere of decision making to resolve problems, which may be customer issues or operational process issues.
- Commitment to quality and data integrity.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work in a team environment in a collaborative and cohesive manner.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities professionally and maintain composure while under deadline pressure.
- Able to adjust to processes and policy changes quickly.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Excel and PowerPoint and familiarity with software databases.
- Compliance with company, state, and federal regulations and policies.
- Ability to accept and adapt to various work schedules outside of normal business hours.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000018156