Leave of Absence Analyst
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. is seeking a Leave of Absence Analyst in the Human Resources Service Center to administer the full life cycle of all leaves of absence for employees including but not limited to one or a combination of the following: FMLA, ADA, Worker’s Compensation, Military leaves, state leaves and paid/unpaid leaves. Candidate must possess multi-state, leave administration experience. This position serves as a subject matter expert on all leave policies, to employees and managers. This position also works cross-functionally with the HR Business Partners, Managers, Payroll and external vendors to ensure timely, responsive customer service, as well as informed advising and problem solving for all parties engaged in the leaves process.
Serves as main contact and subject matter expert for the HR Service Center in the development, application and administration of policies and guidelines regarding any type of Leave of Absence.
- Responds to phone calls, emails and walk-in requests from employees who have or may have a need for a leave of absence.
- Partners closely with HR Business Partners on complex cases and/or multilayered cases involving FMLA and ADA.
- Reviews leave of absence requests and makes appropriate and accurate eligibility decisions within guidelines.
- Resolves problems within scope of authority, while escalating others to the HR Service Center Manager.
- Reviews and updates leave of absence and ADA forms for adherence to related laws and company policies.
- Develops employee communications related to leaves of absence policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates changes in return to work dates, leave status, etc. with department managers and HR Business Partners.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting leave and accommodation status and trends.
- Leads the interactive process ensuring that the correct stakeholders are involved in the process and determination.
- As needed, provides backup to the HRSC Representatives on first tier support by responding to employee inquiries, assesses employees’ needs and advises and counsels employees appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree required or may consider equivalent combination of education and an experience.
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3+ years leave of absence administration (multi-state experience required).
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; good presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate employee rights and responsibilities verbally and in written format.
- Ability to assist department managers and HR Business Partners with any questions regarding the applicable laws and follow correct procedures for employees utilizing leave of absence or requesting accommodation.
- Ability to administer Leaves of Absence and accommodations which includes accurately interpreting and applying State and Federal leave laws, including FMLA, USERRA, ADA and University policies.
- Keep abreast of changes in the laws by attending seminars and utilizing the internet and periodicals.
- Must be able to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Must pass background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com