Lab Coordinator - Grand Canyon University
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
The Lab/SIM Coordinator position is integral to delivery of partner university lab and simulation experiences for nursing students. The individual will have responsibility for stocking par level quantities of skill lab supplies; and, operating and maintaining all equipment: manikins, task trainers, and technology used in laboratory settings at partner sites. The candidate will possess an exceptional customer service orientation including the ability to express technical information effectively to non-technical persons. Finally, demonstrated knowledge and documented experience with clinical training equipment and simulation lab operations is essential. This position will report to the Director of Nursing Academic Services (DNS).
- Provide simulation onboarding activities for lab/Sim equipment to all faculty/instructors working in the lab.
- Verify competency in lab/Sim equipment operations for all individuals using the equipment annually.
- Serve as resource for all instructors for troubleshooting all technical problems.
- Ensure operation of audio-video recording system for lab/Sim.
- Maintain policy and procedure manual keeping current with equipment/mannequin information and instructions.
- Manage lab supplies by monitoring par levels, submitting regular supply orders, and maintaining inventory in conjunction with DNS.
- Collaborate on capital budget recommendations for lab/Sim equipment.
- Document all cleaning and maintenance activities of lab/Sim equipment by required dates.
- Create and maintain life-cycle maintenance in collaboration with vendors for the simulators, software, hardware and audiovisual equipment.
- Complete software/hardware updates on equipment per manufactures recommendations.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, staff, and faculty.
- Actively participate in professional organizations related to healthcare simulation.
- Assist faculty as needed with lab/SIM equipment to ensure manufacturer’s guidelines are followed.
- Other duties as assigned by DNS
Basic Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent teamwork, communication, time management and organizational skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience in healthcare field
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Operation Specialist (CHSOS) or Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) preferred
- Two or more years of experience working with simulation in an educational institution or equivalent setting preferred
- Must be able to work a varied schedule to meet the needs of internal clients
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to influence within the context of having accountability but not authority
- Data-driven/evidence-based decision-making skills
- Self-directed with the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities
- Commitment to excellence in quality simulation experience
- Results driven with attention to process
- Strategic planning skills
- Coaching, training skills
- Travel will be required for training/educational purposes