K12 Educational Development Coordinator I
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a full time K12 Coordinator for our Strategic Education Alliance department. This position performs administrative activities related to planning, scheduling, arranging and executing details for K12 educator, student and parent events or meetings, including logistical requirements scheduled by the department and may assist in presentations, as appropriate.
- Assists K12 Educational Development and K12 Outreach and Support teams in prioritizing, planning, scheduling, arranging and executing details for K12 educator, student, and parent events or meetings, including logistical requirements scheduled by the department and may assist in presentations, as appropriate.
- Acts as operational support for all virtual professional development offerings.
- Creates and distributes pre- and post-event communications for all professional development offerings.
- Assists in creating performance metrics, efficacy reports and other reports, charts, graphs and correspondence.
- In collaboration with team members, creates, monitors, and edits YouTube videos for social media site.
- Creates and/or distributes communications or promotional materials, including use of social media platforms.
- Monitors and processes departmental information and data and other related forms and documents.
- Establishes and maintains a database or filing system.
- Gathers data from various sources, compiles or consolidates, posts and updates information to related software, databases or systems.
- Communicates details and ensures all parties are well informed of progress.
- Attends all required meetings, participates actively, and acts as a conduit for information between internal teams.
- Monitors and manages progress acquiring necessary information or details as necessary, refers information to appropriate stakeholders, elevates problems as designated.
- Collects and extracts data from records for various reports; tabulates data; checks tabulated data for accuracy and completeness.
- Verifies information contained in the systems for legitimate requests for such information.
- Acts as liaison, organizer or point of contact for facilities management requests, office moves, telecommunications requests or other work requests.
- Answers inquiries concerning the status of various reports, documents, contracts, persons or the information contained on records; interprets policies concerning the various records maintained.
- May recommend improvements in workflow and processes to improve efficiency.
- May access University-proprietary software for purchasing, scheduling meetings, accessing student records, facilities management, timekeeping/payroll, etc.
- Retrieves information and summarizes data for reporting purposes.
- Resolves issues or problems within the scope of authority.
- May maintain and replenish supplies for the department or office.
- A college degree is preferred
- Background experience or knowledge in the field of K12 education is preferred.
- Background experience or knowledge in the area of social media in a business setting is required.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred.
- Prior administrative/office work experience.
- An equivalent combination of directly-related work experience and training/education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.