K12 Development - STEM Student Assistant (NFWS)
The purpose of the K12 Development STEM Student Worker position is to support GCE's mission to "Serve, Support, and Inspire" K-12 educational communities in Arizona and across the nation. This position provides vital support in the delivery of STEM student outreach activities.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities/Essential Functions:
- Checking email, text, Slack, and Discord communications and responding accordingly
- Organizing and preparing materials for events
- Data entry after events
- Assisting in event planning STEM event preparation, including the creation of sign in sheets, surveys, survey results, and certificates
- Assisting with the delivery of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) professional development
- Attending K-8 outreach events and representing the SEA department at events as needed
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- MS Office, Google Suite applications, Mobile phone, various STEM equipment such as 3D printers, robotics kits, and computer-based technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort working in a professional environment and interacting with adults and K-8 students
- Familiarity with GCU's campus and departments
- Background or some experience in STEM-related content (science, technology, engineering, and/or math)
- Comfort with public speaking
- Outstanding ability to manage time and handle multiple tasks at once
- Access to a personal vehicle
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student-first policy.
Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
- Sitting: 5 hours a day
- Standing: 1-2 hours a day
- Walking: 1-2 hours a day
- Lifting: Occasionally
- Carrying: Occasionally
- Pushing: Occasionally
- Bending: Occasionally
- Squatting: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Climbing: Rarely
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Grasping: Frequently
- Fine Eye-to-Hand Coordination: Continuously
- Driving: Occasionally, Rarely
- Work Environment: Some remote work. Office building on site. Work performed is primarily inside and occasionally outside depending on events, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise, and dust.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Manager: K12 Educational Development; Senior Project Director K12 STEM Outreach - Corinne Araza