Junior Travel Counselor (Travel Agent) - Phoenix Based
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a fulltime Junior Travel Counselor. This is an entry level role that will form part of a highly skilled team of GCE travel staff.
We are seeking candidates with a flair for exceptional customer service with the ability to work independently and remotely but within the Greater Phoenix area. The Junior Travel Counselor is responsible for coordinating travel for employees, partners and clients of Grand Canyon University and Grand Canyon Education. The Junior Travel Counselor will respond to travel-related matters, engage in cost effective travel planning, assist will variety of travel modalities and required documents.
Who we are:
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational, and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector.
Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families, and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
What you will do:
- Arrange and book travel efficiently
- Effectively review, process, and manage team queues
- Review and apply unused tickets to prevent ticket spoilage
- Communicate with travelers regarding their travel needs as well as the travel needs of partners and consultants
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Travel Policy and Procedures, learn, assist, and book group reservations
What you need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred administrative experience
- Preferred experience in booking airline travel either in agency or corporate environment
- Preferred experience Airline GDS experience
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
#travel #travelagent #travelcounselor #adminassistant #remote #traveladministrator #traveladvisor #gce #gcu #workfromhome #hybrid