Junior Travel Counselor (Travel Agent) Phoenix Based
The travel counselor is responsible for coordinating travel for employees, partners and clients. The position will respond to travel-related matters, engage in cost effective travel planning, assist will variety of travel modalities and required documents.
Primary Responsibilities /Accountabilities/ Essential Functions:
1. Arrange and book travel efficiently and effectively Review, Process, and manager team queues
2. Review and apply unused tickets to prevent ticket spoilage
3. Communicate with travelers regarding their travel needs as well as the travel needs of partners and consultants
4. Monitor and ensure compliance with Travel Policy and Procedures Learn, assist, and book group reservations
5. Complete other duties as assigned
Equipment Used and Responsibility
- MS Office Suite
- Airline GDS
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 1-year experience in booking airline travel either in agency or corporate environment
- Minimum 1 year demonstrated Airline GDS experience - Sabre preferred
- Sitting: 6-7 hours a day
- Standing: 1-2 hours a day
- Walking: 1-2 hours a day
- Lifting: Occasionally
- Carrying: Rarely
- Pushing: Rarely
- Bending: Occasionaly
- Squatting: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Climbing: Rarely
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Grasping: Frequently
- Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
- Driving: Rarely
- Work Environment: Office building on site. Work is performed primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.