Junior Marketing Project Specialist
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a new Junior Marketing Project Specialist. This role will work under direct supervision and assist the Marketing Manager in managing all activities associated with effective marketing and branding initiatives.
- Handles all the logistics for marketing campaigns under the direction of the Marketing Manager.
- Meets with marketing management to ascertain client’s specific needs and objectives and then documents all activities involved in the creation of an effective marketing campaign; assists in brainstorming ideas.
- Assists as a member of the internal marketing "creative" team to recommend communications opportunities, methods and channels, promotional mix and methods.
- May participate in campaign strategy sessions alongside marketing management with assigned clients and is responsible for documentation of all agreed upon activities.
- Applies basic knowledge of marketing principles and techniques in creating the project plan for the marketing campaign plans by utilizing both digital and traditional marketing methods/channels (i.e., brochures, flyers, posters, postcards, direct mail, billboards, apparel, emails, landing pages, micro sites, social media, radio, etc.). Confirms with marketing management the marketing plan.
- Participates in meetings where marketing campaign(s) are vetted by stakeholders.
- Coordinates deployment of marketing activities with all relevant stakeholders.
- Keeps marketing management informed of progress and potential issues.
- Safeguards GCU’s branding strategy in the development of materials and media.
- Provides marketing campaign data to others to put into marketing campaign ROI presentation.
- Coordinates with other affected departments on regularly scheduled events ensuring availability of appropriate support.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, public relations or communications
- Minimum of one year marketing experience even as student worker or graduate assistant in high volume marketing department; Responsibility should have included developing project plans and assisting in developing marketing campaigns.
- Must pass a background investigation.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings, weekends or holidays required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), MS Project or similar project management software, social media platforms.
- Ability to maintain relationships through effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create and effectively present routine marketing information ensuring contextual relevancy of information and responding appropriately and intelligently to questions.
- Excellent oral and written communications, a good command of the English language and ability to provide clear and succinct communications among all stakeholders.
- Basic knowledge of AP writing style.
- An ability to translate client needs into effective documented marketing project plan.
- Basic knowledge of marketing analytics, ROI metrics and earned value assessment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Basic knowledge of marketing principles and concepts.
- Ability to work in high volume, high demand environment and work with ever changing boundaries and priorities.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000023232